Monday, August 24, 2009

My Life’s Soundtrack – More

It is rather unusual for me to label a song as MLS when I’m not really impressed with it and this song almost suffered a sad fate when I first heard it. It took some time (and continuous replay) to grow on me but I’m glad it did. The upbeat tempo midway into the song plus the video helped as well!
More was the second single off Darey’s unDAREYted album and the South African-shot video features a club-dance floor sequence/mystery lady/time-travel concept interpreted with the transition of dance steps, hair-do, costumes, vehicle and photographic equipment all the way from retro to present. This - in my opinion - is a splendid example of how music videos’ storyboards should be done. Enjoy!


Track: More (Track 5 from the album unDAREYted)
Artiste: Darey Art Alade
Transcribed by: Naughty Eyes


[Verse 1]
Jump in the car and drive out of my home
I ain’t gonna spend my Friday night alone
I step into the club and near the microphone
There’s a pretty young lady dancing on her own
So I say lady the way you move it, I know you know you got it
Lady the way you move it, you make me wanna have it
Lady the way you move your sexy body
There’s just one thing I wanna know

[Chorus]
Can you shake your body more, more girl
I need some more, more girl
Can you touch my body more, more girl
I still want more, more girl

[Verse 2]
4:25 and still we’re on the floor
All of your girlfriends left the club at four
I am pretty sure that by now your feet are sore
But I really can’t help it girl, I still want more
So I say lady the way you shake it, you make me wanna take it
Lady the way you shake it, it’s like you’re gonna break it
Lady the way you shake your sexy body
There’s just one thing I need to know

[Repeat Chorus]

[Bridge]
Uh baby, tell me if you’re ready to go down girl with me
‘Cos I’m ready to go with you
Baby shake your body more and more and more
Tell me if you’re ready to go down girl with me
‘Cos I’m ready to go with you
Baby shake your body more and more and more

[Repeat Chorus]

[Adlibs]
Yeah, yeah, yeah (more girl)
Can you touch my body (yeah, yeah)
Can you touch my body more girl

[Repeat Chorus]

Instrumentals till Fade...

Lyrics © 2009 Darey Art Alade & SOUL Muzik

4 comments:

Buttercup said...

Like you, I need to listen to most songs like a million times before I can like them. This is one of those songs..

BSNC said...

i can see you really like dare..

chayomao said...

unDAREYted!

LG said...

myloff i want sum more more more :-)
*how u?